No doubt you’ve seen many of the posts and articles about ethernet speeds in data centers rising faster than we thought possible: 40Gb, 100Gb, 200Gb, and 400Gb.
OM5 fiber allows these speeds to maintain a duplex connection and avoid the cost of high-speed singlemode SFP/QSFPs. These connections have typically been made with multi-fiber, preassembled trunk (MPO) cables. These trunks are perfect because of the very organized, modular and repetitive structure of the data center.
But most of our readers don’t live in a data center. Most work in enterprise spaces; however, it makes sense that some speed will flow into the enterprise space, especially for large facilities with many nodes connected. That’s why we’re beginning to stock CommScope’s OM5 bulk fiber cables, OM5 couplers panels, OM5 patch cords and pigtail kits. Everything you need for high-multimode speed!
- P-012-DS-5G-FSULM >> 12 Strand OM5 Plenum Lime Green Cable
- P-024-DS-5G-FSULM >> 24 Strand OM5 Plenum Lime Green Cable
- P-012-DZ-5G-FSULM >> 12 Strand OM5 Armored Plenum Lime Green cable
- P-024-DZ-5G-FSULM >> 24 Strand OM5 Armored Plenum Lime Green Cable
- 360DPis-12LC-WB >> 12 LC OM5 Coupler Panel
- FAVLCUCOC >> 12 Leg LC OM5 Pigtail Kit 1 Meter